How to create a website, the eternal question that we pose when it is time to take our business to the internet. When we get to work with a new online presence project from scratch or already started, and we make a briefing with our client, we propose a series of previous steps that are necessary to give consistency to a project of professional presence in the internet. In particular, I want to share with you in this post four aspects that I consider keys before starting the website, before preparing any design or prototype of the web.
“The web is the showcase of your business on the internet”
This sentence is that you have probably heard it in lectures, courses and innumerable seminars on internet. But many times these key points are discussed and raised once the website is already designed, and even scheduled and the project needs to be retouched again.
If our business is based on the internet, we have to take the appropriate steps to avoid incurring extra expenses and waste time that is essential for our website to be truly our internet business from the beginning.
Entering the subject I show below four key points that we must keep in mind before designing a website. In each of the points I propose some ideas, there are more, if you happen to leave it in the comments of this post.
- Objective presence online. What do I want to be on the internet for?
- Offer a customer service
- Generate brand
- Attract new customers
- Sell more to my customers
- Make products and services known
- Expand markets
- Capture dealers / suppliers
- Capture talent
- Improve online reputation
- Objective of the web. What do I want to get with the web?
- Capture leads – prospects
- Offer online catalog
- Sell products online – ecommerce
- Obtain budget requests
- Offer after-sales service
- Increase the amount of the shopping cart
- Diversifying the sale of products
- Selling Infoproducts
- Sell products linked to others
- Offer added value to customers
- Build trust and credibility
- To value the difference of our business
- To make known the talent of our team
- Competitors online. Who am I competing with?
- In which keywords I am interested in positioning myself
- Who is positioned on the keywords that interest me
- Who is better positioned
- Who offers substitute products
- Who is investing in my SEO / SEM / Display sector
- What is my differential advantage? Why are they going to choose my website?
- I suggest that you make a list of differences perceived by your current customers.
- Differential factors:
- Web design
- Product (Quality, design, price)
- Value added
- Customer Support
- References (diversity, exclusivity …)
- What’s New?
- After sales service
I hope you found it interesting. If you have any doubt or you want us to deliver a free mockup for your new website, just contact us here.